Today begins my last week of classes. No, this is not going to be another sappy post about all the things I’ve learned in grad school. You’ve stuck with me through enough of those posts. No, this time I’m writing about all the things that I’m looking forward to now that we’re wrapping up this path and beginning on a new-ish adventure. Here we go:
- Celebrating more than Christmas with family
- Birthdays, EASTER, Thanksgiving, Softball games, Sunday lunches, life
- Starting a “big girl” job
- & praying for excellent supervision on my internship
- & meeting new people who love working as school psychs
- Living 2 hours from the beach and 2 hours from the mountains
- New town (and new food places) to explore
- farmer’s markets, bakeries, coffee shops…yes, please!
- Praying for community and a church to join
- Meeting new friends in our same stage of life
- We’re planting roots this time, y’all. Whether we’re there for a year or more, we are getting involved and making lifelong friendships.
- Doing life with Case, wherever it takes us
- that’s our mantra: doing life together. & I can’t wait to see what life has in store
Things I will actually miss about Wacotown:
- Sweet friends to share
warwork stories with
- And the piano man
- Authentic Mexican food
- Day/weekend trips to Austin (my favorite)
- Common Grounds (caramel coffee crunch=life)
- Saturdays at the Farmer’s Market
- The place where Case and I got engaged, started our married life together, and shared our first “home”
- Believe it or not, Baylor.