Random updates from Baylor U.
- Connecting with ADPi alum/Baylor advisors made my week last week. We talked over an amazing dessert, and I’ll hopefully be getting more involved in helping with the ADPi chapter here at Baylor!
- My first social circles group at the BARC (autism center) went as well as could be expected. We had two kids who didn’t come last week, so I’m interested to see what tomorrow’s social circle will look like.
- I meet with the parent of a 13-year old boy with autism today. I will be tutoring him in math this semester. I am eager to meet them and get started, but I’ll admit that I’m also nervous about this new experience.
- I have resolved to be more intentional about connecting with people from home/Mercer. The days are all a blur right now, so I honestly can’t keep track of who I’ve talked to and when. Sorry about that! I’m working on it.
- I’ve been doing surprisingly well with my new budget! Eating at home and packing lunches helps a lot!
- I’m enjoying getting to know my cohort better and interacting more with them in class. I’m ready to just “know” everyone.
- Cason and I still love visiting new (to us) places in Waco. We went to Katie’s this weekend, and it was by far the best frozen dessert I’ve had. (They sell amazing frozen custard.)
- Mondays are the absolute WORST. I’m still trying to figure out how to successfully navigate those without crashing at the end of the day. Work plus two 3-hour classes is more mentally exhausting than you would think.
- Ending on a positive note, I’m very thankful to be a part of this program at Baylor. I know that my experiences here will be invaluable to my future career and life in general.